Skills:Exceptional Communication Skills- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
| Location: El Paso , Texas , United States Of America
To support the Management Service Organization in reaching out to plan members, thereby providing the education and support the members need in order to manage and improve their health.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the Program Coordinator in the Quality Improvement and Quality Assessment process for all lines of business.
• Conduct home visits and/or phone contact for member survey completion.
• Complete home visits for those members who are missing information or need updated info.
• Conduct home visits for members in need of follow up.
• Acquire information needed to close GAPs and help improve outcomes in members.
• Establish and nurture relationships with members in order to maximize interactions and health outcomes.
• Collaborate with EPO and provider offices to identify members in need of follow up.
• Daily review of email to review, prioritize and schedule outreach for members.
• Conduct welcome calls for new members, verify information and schedule appointments.
• Weekly meetings with Program Coordinator to review activity and plan for the following week.
• Assist Program Coordinator in ensuring members that are discharged from hospital are scheduled within 5 days of discharge.
• Assist Program Coordinator in monitoring ER frequent utilizers and coordinate with PCP staff to provide member intervention.
• Conduct reminder calls for members to verify prescriptions were picked up, ordered, or if assistance is needed in any of these..
• Participate in EPO training sessions and meetings as requested.
• Maintain exceptional communication with EPO and provider staff.
• Maintain current state certification.
• Other duties as assigned.
Reference : Medical Assistant jobs