Location: Eugene, OR
Department: Facilities Services
Classification: Custodial Services Coordinator
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $17.43 - $26.00 per hour
2 positions available
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes March 20, 2023
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, candidates must submit a complete application. Complete applications include an online application, resume, and a cover letter addressing your experience with lead work overseeing other employees, how you would respectfully coordinate a diverse team, and customer service as it would pertain to this role.
All applications must be submitted here, careers.uoregon. edu/en-us/job/531395/custodial-services-coordinator
Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) is a vibrant department, which comprises five units, and approximately 270 employees: Facilities Services, Utilities & Energy, Campus Planning, Office of Sustainability, and Design & Construction. We plan, build, maintain, and operate the infrastructure that supports the University of Oregon's mission of exceptional teaching, discovery, and public service. As stewards of a physical legacy, we enable the university community to achieve its potential by providing a campus that is safe, clean, beautiful, inspiring, and environmentally responsible.
Facilities Services (FS) is responsible for the management of human, financial and material resources, the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures related to the operation, maintenance, repair and minor renovation of university buildings, grounds and infrastructure systems. These services provide the University of Oregon community with a safe, efficient, reliable, functional and aesthetically pleasing learning environment in support of the University’s mission and vision.
Custodial Services maintains a safe, sanitary, and aesthetically pleasing environment in order to enhance the learning experience.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the work of other custodial staff, ensuring that buildings are properly cleaned and maintained. In addition, the Custodial Services Coordinator may perform general cleaning and floor care, and inspect the work of custodial staff.
Work is reviewed by the Custodial Services Supervisor. Custodial Services Coordinators receive general supervision from a custodial supervisor or custodial services manager and their work is reviewed regularly to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually. This position requires adherence to applicable federal, state, university and department laws, rules, policies, procedures, guidelines, and the SEIU contract.
Under the guidance of the Custodial Supervisor, the incumbent makes decisions on work priorities, work assignments, scheduling, necessary materials and equipment, the means of accomplishing duties, and personal and public safety. These decisions affect work productivity and protection of the aesthetic quality and monetary investment of the campus buildings.
Duties include reviewing staff work assignments to see that building is cleaned and properly maintained, assuring staffing needs are met, training new employees and assigning work, maintaining inventory, performing general cleaning, making repairs and providing set up for special functions. In addition to custodial staff, Custodial Services Coordinators will be in contact with trades workers, students, and campus visitors.
This position works a non-standard shift that may vary from others on the crew performing tasks in multiple buildings across campus. Temperatures, noise level and air quality will vary. The duties of the position require:
• The ability to work at a standard computer workstation;
• Traveling between buildings on campus using university vehicles to deliver equipment and cleaning products;
• Occasionally working in inclement weather conditions;
• The ability to stand, walk, lift, bend, push, pull, reach, squat, stoop, twist and perform repetitive movements, all for prolonged periods of time; and
• Working with germicidal, sanitizing, and other cleaning products.
This unit provides essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
This position may be required to serve in an on-call capacity on a rotational basis. This may include responding to emergencies during off hours, including weekends and holidays. On site, response to campus is expected within 45 minutes from the time of the call, if needed. Communication is via a cellular phone.
This position will require a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain UO Driver’s Certification.
• Two years of experience in custodial services work.
• Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university and promotes high employee morale.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem-solving and positive interactions.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Be receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embracing continuous improvement.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Experience in a position that included supervision as well as assigning and evaluating work performance.
• Experience with word processing and the ability to generate documents.
• Experience generating and managing email communication.
FLSA Exempt: No
Reference : Custodial Services Coordinator jobs