Reports to: Manager Yard/Shop
Office Location: Pontiac, MI
Department: Snow Services
FLSA: Hourly Non-Exempt
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape and snow services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to snow services, tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional services that positively impact millions of lives every day. A brighter future is in your hands.
• Responsible for completing repairs and maintenance on an extensive fleet of specialized trucks and heavy equipment used for snow and ice removal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repair and maintenance of heavy equipment including wheel loaders, dozers, graders, skid steers, agricultural tractors and much more.
• Repair, maintenance, and annual inspections of on road vehicles and equipment including semi-trucks, semi-trailers, class 8 salt trucks, municipal plow trucks, and one-ton pickup trucks.
• Maintenance and repair of industry specific items such as snowplows, salt spreaders and brine equipment.
Education and Experience:
• Five plus years’ experience in diesel mechanics
• Mechanic Certification (state, ASE, or from a technical school) preferred but not required
• Welding & Fabrication Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of both hydraulic and air brake systems
• Understanding of hydraulic systems and plumbing
• Diagnostic skills with strength in electrical, hydraulic, and drivability issues
• Ability to read and understand electrical circuit diagrams
• Proficient with computer (scanner) for diagnostics
• Ability to lift, push, pull and manipulate items greater than 50 pounds
• Repetitive movement: standing, walking, twisting, turning, bending squatting, stooping
• Noise level in work environment is usually moderate
• Field technicians are expected to work out of a service truck at various offsite locations to conduct emergency repairs to vehicles and equipment.
• Can include working in all possible weather conditions.
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Reference : Experienced Diesel Tech (Mechanic) jobs