Flexible Day Shifts:
- Monday- Thursday
- Tuesday- Friday 6:00 AM- 4:30 PM
- Monday- Friday 6:00 AM- 2:30 PM
- Certified/experienced Millwrights start at $38.28/hr
- 2nd Year Apprentice starts at $30.73 per hour
- 3rd Year Apprentices start at $33.61 per hour
- Overtime is available
Job Description and Duties:
- Prioritize safety and work within compliance of established environmental, health and safety standards.
- Install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot all plant areas and plant machinery.
- Perform predictive, preventative, commissioning and decommissioning operations and vibration analysis and oil analysis functions.
- Perform SMAW, GMAW, GTAW welding process, CNC waterjet/plasma cutting, fabrication design and oxy acetylene torch work.
- Machine shop duties/design on manual and CNC lathes, milling machines, surface grinders.
- Research, test and develop modern technology, equipment, and maintenance practices.
- Obtain quotes from contractors for work to be performed and/or parts to be purchased.
- Use CMMS computerized maintenance system to track work orders and preventative maintenance schedules and order parts and materials.
- Use of Solidworks and AutoCAD and use of 3D printer.
- Help train and mentor mechanical apprentices and other tradesmen.
- Safely operate forklift, AWP/scissor lifts, company truck.
Education, Training &/or Experience:
- Journeyman Industrial Mechanic or Millwright Certification
- or currently enrolled in an Apprenticeship program
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s License in province of BC.
- Forklift ticket, AWP/Scissor lift certification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to perform lifting duties as required.
- Have good interpersonal, organization and teamwork skills.
- Flexible 10 hr. Day Shifts “Mon to Thurs” or “Tues to Fri” - 3 days off per weekend.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life
- Pension Plan
- 80 hrs. of Vacation per Year
- Plus 1 floating Holiday
- Company-paid training and development
- Free onsite employee parking
- Paid work boot allowance
- Recognition initiatives for safety and KPI performance
- Company social events – e.g., annual salmon fishing derby
We are a Global company with approximately 10,000 employees worldwide, focuses on Energy, Mining, Aerospace, and Machine Tool Technologies. We have a cutting-edge manufacturing plant in beautiful Victoria BC. Our team is world recognized for making core drill components for NASA’s Perseverance Rover on planet Mars.
Live in one of Canada’s top places to work, play, and raise a family. Enjoy all that beautiful Vancouver Island has to offer. Enjoy a work life balance with flexible day shifts to fit in with your lifestyle. We have a permanent full-time position available for a ticketed Red Seal Millwright.
As part of our core values, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.