Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that?s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It?s our passion.
**$10k Hiring Incentive Available
PRIMARY PURPOSE A Registered Nurse (RN) with < 2 years of experience. The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery, that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health conditions, by the health care team. Using the nursing process, the RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to health problems, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare encounter without any preventable complications or delays. The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the competencies of the employee.
Education: - Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing Degree (BSN) preferred.
Experience: - Must have two years of nursing experience. - Prefer experience in an acute care setting.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: - American Heart Association - American Red Cross - Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a Charge Nurse.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
1. Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs, patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural preferences. Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal communication facilitating development of therapeutic relationship and environment that promotes wellness. Serves as a resource for patients and other healthcare team members. Serves as a resource for specific clinical patient care issues. Provides patient care, educational information, and training to patient and family members. May participate in community outreach activities (such as health fairs, community collaborations or outreach clinics) as assigned.
2. Maintains and implements knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact or govern Perioperative nursing practice, and ensures the hospital and Parkland are in compliance. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Maintains and updates knowledge of sanitation, infection control, safety, supplies, equipment, appropriate utilization of supplies and materials. Implements principles of aseptic technique.
3. Performs appropriate patient assessments, participates consistently in Universal Protocol, site marking identification, identification of appropriate clinical interventions and skills appropriate to Operating Room assignments. Utilizes critical thinking skills to ensure optimal patient care in the perioperative setting. Recognizes emergency situations and takes appropriate action within their scope of practice. Completes appropriate documentation. Maintains accurate and timely entries and notations in patient care records and hospital documents. Ensures that all records and documents meet the standards, goals, and objectives of the assigned department and Parkland.
4. Identifies ways to improve work process and improve patient and customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
5. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in Perioperative nursing practice by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals and actively participating in professional organizations. Maintains State of Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse, plus any additional required licensures/certifications. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
6. Works with other staff in providing direction to non
Recruitment Consultant £25 - 30k Basic + Commission + Bonus (OTE £40k+ in Year on
Assistant General Manager – Amazing lively bar – venue £60,000 – South Lon
We are looking for a nurturing and responsible childminder to look after 2 children. We would like s
We are looking for a nurturing and responsible nanny to look after 3 children. We would like someone