Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that?s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It?s our passion.
PRIMARY PURPOSE Responsible for providing total nursing care for assigned patients, under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, in order to ensure quality care.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing and/or licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse; or have a valid Compact LVN License.me of hire or placement in job.
- Individuals who perform non-waived POCT must have a high school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a college degree.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalence to United States education standards by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) or COLA authorized credentialing agency.
- A copy of the high school diploma, GED, college degree/transcript or foreign education equivalence report will be required at time of hire or placement in job
Experience - None.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- Virtual Care Only: * 2 years healthcare experience preferred. * 1 year of care coordination and planning, chronic disease management, population health, and/or telehealth preferred.
- Must have current, valid LVN license or temporary LVN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact LVN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association - American Red Cross - Military Training Network.
- May be required to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification during initial orientation.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, patient, and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors. - Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of appropriate nursing skills.
- FOR COPC ONLY: Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health State Services Vision Screening program certification as a vision screener or must obtain within 90 days of placement in role and maintain thereafter.
- FOR COPC ONLY: Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health Services Texas Radiation Control Act registration to use audiometric equipment or must obtain within 90 days of placement in role and maintain thereafter.
- Virtual Care Only: Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred. Confident with technology, specifically electronic medical record, video encounters and computer applications. Must be able to work collaboratively and optimally with patients with serious health conditions and barriers to care.
1. Screens and prioritizes patients with regard to medical problems, ensuring that appropriate treatment is delivered in a timely manner per physician orders and established policies and procedures.
2. Assists with inpatient/clinic coordination and flow of patients to include patient treatments as directed by physician and nursing/medical staff, and/or discharge activities.
3. Maintains and implements knowledge of all the rules, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines, laws, and Joint Commission standards that impact and govern nursing processes and ensures that their work practices are in compliance.
4. Identifies and meets educational needs of patients and families by communicating and distributing appropriate information as needed. Reinforces patient/family education teaching that was initiated by RN or NP. May participate in community outreach activities (such as health fairs, community collaborations or outreach clinics) as assigned.
5. Assists with precepting (training, motivating, and supervising) new employees and students as directed by supervisor.
6. Completes appropriate written and computer documentation according to established procedures and guidelines.
7. Consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care while anticipating and accommodating patients, families, physicians, and other system staff to ensure the workflow is coordinated and patients receive timely and appropriate treatment.
8. Ensures that appropriate supplies are available for individual patient care by gathering all necessary items together in advance. May assist with ordering and stocking supplies as needed.
9. Responsible for cleaning and sterilizing both patient areas and medical instruments to ensure an appropriate healthcare environment.
10. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve internal and external customer satisfaction. May assist with developing annual goals and objectives for the nursing area that support the mission and objectives. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals, objectives and mission of Parkland.
11. Stays abreas
Recruitment Consultant £25 - 30k Basic + Commission + Bonus (OTE £40k+ in Year on
Assistant General Manager – Amazing lively bar – venue £60,000 – South Lon
We are looking for a nurturing and responsible childminder to look after 2 children. We would like s
We are looking for a nurturing and responsible nanny to look after 3 children. We would like someone