Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that?s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It?s our passion.
**$10k Hiring Incentive Available
PRIMARY PURPOSE A Registered Nurse (RN) with < 2 years of experience. The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery, that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health conditions, by the health care team. Using the nursing process, the RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to health problems, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare encounter without any preventable complications or delays. The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the competencies of the employee.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing Degree (BSN) preferred.
- For the nurse intern program the candidate is required: - To be a recent graduate of an accredited baccalaureate degree nursing program with less than one year of experience and a grade point average of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale for last 60 hours of course work.
- Must have two years of nursing experience.
- Prefer experience in an acute care setting.
Equivalent Experience: - None.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: - American Heart Association - American Red Cross - Military Training Network.
- Must have current ACLS/ALS course completion care within 90 days of hire or reclassification into the role. -
Effective 8/11/2021 current incumbents will be required to obtain ACLS no later than 2/28/2022.
Required Tests for Placement:
- External experienced RNs must pass (80% or above) Clinical Education's assigned challenge exam(s).
- Internal experienced RNs changing specialties must pass (80% or above) Clinical Education's assigned challenge exam(s).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to provide continuous assessment, consult with other team members as required and provide nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must exercise independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures. -
May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a Charge Nurse.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
1. Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs, patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural preferences. Maintains positive working relationships with all Parkland internal and external customers, employees, etc. Serves as a resource for patients and other healthcare team members. Serves as a resource for specific clinical patient care issues. Provides patient care educational information and training to patient and family members. May participate in community outreach activities (such as health fairs, community collaborations or outreach clinics) as assigned.
2. Performs appropriate patient assessments including continuous surveillance. Recognizes changes in a patient¿s condition and provides appropriate interventions as necessary. Consults with other team members as required, notifies providers to report changes in patient condition and implements orders in a timely manner. Exercises independent judgment in providing safe nursing care to the critically ill/stable patient.
3. Must be able to manage an adult ICU patient with neurological, pulmonary, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, genitourinary disorders/conditions. Must provide safe medical administration using the patient's six (6) rights, provide maintenance and management of IV access, must be able to perform POC monitoring, demonstrate safe infection control practices and CRRT for the adult ICU patient. Supports pain management as appropriate for each individual patient, provides emergency resuscitation care of an adult and provides an individualized plan of care.
Recruitment Consultant £25 - 30k Basic + Commission + Bonus (OTE £40k+ in Year on
Assistant General Manager – Amazing lively bar – venue £60,000 – South Lon
We are looking for a nurturing and responsible childminder to look after 2 children. We would like s
We are looking for a nurturing and responsible nanny to look after 3 children. We would like someone